Lyons Public Relations is seeking an energetic and motivated media relations expert for a full-time Account Executive position.The ideal candidate must be a team-player with strong communication skills and a passion for media, pitching and placing stories. A strong background in public relations and pitching radio and television is a must, along with a deep network of broadcast media contacts. Responsibilities include pitching broadcast media, securing interviews, researching placement outlets, building media lists, drafting media advisories, generating placement reports, project management, and maintaining relationships with outlets. Candidate must be responsible, reliable and cool under pressure.Ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3-to-5 years of experience in media or public relations
- Bachelors in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Strong writing ability including press releases and collateral material
- Track record of successful media pitching with a focus on broadcast, especially radio
- Outstanding organizational and communications skills
- Previous experience working closely with high-profile clients
- Day-to-day project management
- Strong analytical skills; detail oriented; able to multi-task and prioritize various projects
- Working knowledge of Cision and other media search databases
- Competency with video or audio production a plus
Specializing in Radio Media Tours, Satellite Media Tours, PSA campaigns, video production, and other broadcast public relations services, Lyons PR is an award-winning media relations firm based in Kensington, MD. Clients include leading non-profit organizations, trade associations, government agencies and corporations throughout the country.
Candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Considering a career in Public Relations? Check out our Humans in PR interview series featuring successful professionals in the industry.